A work injury is a sudden accident that is caused either due to lack of concentration at work or due to intentional conduct by other co-worker leading to physical, mental or occupational injury. These are different from occupational diseases in the way that these occur unnaturally or incidentally. These accidents generally include cases of poisoning, slip and fall, transportation, and so on. Employees injured on the job are eligible to get compensatory benefits for the loss they incurred. Most of the employees are directed to get themselves insured for the worker’s compensation. These insurances are necessary as these work accidents not only cause physical damages but also affect the occupational abilities of the person. There are specific guidelines which classify whether the accident qualifies for the compensation or not.
Conditions incorporated for compensation
For compensation, the attorney calculates the total loss suffered by the injured worker. This loss includes loss of wages, medical bills, pain and sufferings, loss of belongings, and many more. The compensation also covers the loss of wages from the other job if the person is engaged in multiple jobs. Bonuses and regular overtime wages are also covered under compensation. The firm has to pay all the allowances and compensation for the loss incurred by the worker.
The firm if fails to pay the necessary compensation to the worker then the worker has to hire an attorney and file the lawsuit against the firm for not getting the compensation. Also if the firm inappropriately calculates the loss of wages, compensatory time and compensation then also the worker can file the lawsuit against the firm. A Seattle workers compensation attorney helps the workers in getting the right amount of the compensation. They work with a very professional approach and help the worker by every means.
Role of the Attorneys
- The attorney must prove the culprit guilty for the accident. The reports prepared by the police personals help the attorney in proving the same in the trial courts.
- The attorney of defense tries to put all the blame on the victim so that he won’t have to pay the compensation to the victim.
- The victim is eligible for the losses such as pain and discomfort felt by the victim, loss of wages, hospitalization charges, and disfigurement (if any).
- The attorneys have to prove the case of permanent medical injury caused to the victim by the medical evidence before filing for the compensation of permanent injury.
- All evidences need to be preserved carefully until the case is solved completely.
The role of an attorney not only lies in providing suitable compensation to the sufferer for the losses incurred by him but also to prove the defendant liable for punishment so that occupational injury cases can be controlled to a larger extent. The Seattle workers compensation attorney comprehends its clients with utmost professionalism and dedication providing them with the best services in the trials as well as in the appeals. The attorneys play an immense role not only in getting justice for the victim but also help the victim going through a hard phase of his life.